It is a primary goal of the McMurray Métis (MNA Local 1935) is to raise money for and disburse bursaries in support of Membership pursuing post-secondary education/training.
Academics and General Qualifications
- Applicant must be a member of the Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) – photocopy of card required
- Students must be active members in good standing with the McMurray Métis Local 1935 (i.e. Attend membership meetings, Annual General Meeting, McMurray Métis events, etc.) – photocopy of card required.
- Successful applicants must complete their volunteer commitments within 6 months of receiving award.
- Applicants must be enrolled in full time post-secondary educational programs, and with a course load of three or more academic subjects.
- You must supply most recent high school or post secondary transcripts. Copies of previous semester course marks are necessary. Transcripts must show passing grades.
- Must supply a copy of accredited Post Secondary Institution Program Letter of Acceptance
- Must include two current (within last 2 years) letters of reference – one must be from an Indigenous person in your community. (Do not use family members for reference purposes)
- Applicants must complete application in its entirety.
- The selection process will be administered using the following system:
- Ensure that all parts of application are completed in its entirety prior to submission
- Applicants submit their application prior to deadline and via email.
- Upon receipt of the application; and all the required information, the applications will be reviewed and processed by the Bursary Committee.
- Successful recipients will be advised of their awards via letter shortly after the deadline for applications.
- Only successful applicants will be notified
Deadlines for Applications
There are fall and winter bursaries, applicants must apply for each semester. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered during the selection process.
Deadlines for applications will be on or before:
For the 2020 Fall Semester our application process will start on August 4, 2020 and will close on September 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
For the 2021 Winter Semester our application process will start on December 4, 2020 and will close on January 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
No further applications will be accepted after the close date and time.
Reminder that ONLY successful applicants will be notified via regular within 2 weeks of close date.
All communications, correspondence and submissions must be done so through the bursary committee email ONLY and only with the applicant. No other forms will be accepted.